Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Favorite Recipe Sites

Over time I've compiled a list of some of my favorite sites to search for recipes when I'm feeling uninspired.


Real Simple Magazine's recipe section is one of the best I've found for easy, inspired meals. You can search by ingredient, I probably use this site the most of all of these, though be sure to stick to the recipes made with whole foods and avoid canned soups, precooked meats, and other highly processed ingredients. They will also send you a recipe each day if you sign up; I just delete the recipes I don't like or have time to get to, but I always have inspiration.





Integrative Nutrition has a recipe resource on their website. Many of these are simple, basic how-to's for those new to the kitchen. There's definitely an Asian flair to some of the recipes, but it's a great introduction to incorporating nourishing sea vegetables and expanding your seasoning repertoire. You can search by food type (grains, greens, proteins) or meal type (breakfast, dessert, etc.).



The Nourished Kitchen is one of my favorite sites simply because it contains beautiful photography. It is the absolute best resource for learning how to lacto-ferment, which is a lost art and absolutely vital to maintaining gut health (and immune health). Every recipe contains whole foods with a focus on seasonal cooking, and there is a wide range to choose from.




Eating Well is a great magazine, and their site is packed with all-natural, simple, gourmet recipes with a seasonal focus. They offer some of the best ethnic food recipes available, so expanding your palate is easy.





Epicurious is an online eating community. If it relates to cooking good food, they've got it, from a seasonal eating menu to a shopping list generator to a food dictionary. It's a great resource for do-it-yourself entertaining, and you can save your most successful recipes in your own recipe box.




Let me know which sites you search when you're looking for recipes! Bon appetit!

2 comments:

sartoriography said...

This is a great list. I'll have to check them out more thoroughly when I'm in search of some deliciousness.

One of my favorite sites is called "Hell Yeah It's Vegan!" It provides great vegan recipes that...well, don't taste vegan! :) http://www.hellyeahitsvegan.com

I also really like Herbivoracious (http://www.herbivoracious.com). It's a vegetarian cooking site with an amazing recipe gallery. I generally want to make whatever is featured when I check it. And its photos are pretty, which is never a bad thing.

Rochelle Dancel said...

My favourite recipe blog is Simply Recipes - if I've ever cooked you brunch, chances are the recipe came from this blog :)

My photo
Charleston, SC, United States
As a food therapist and certified holistic practitioner, I help people develop a healthy relationship with food.