Saturday, October 2, 2010

Jacob's Kitchen

Just discovered two amazing sites of the same name!

The first Jacob's Kitchen is located in Oregon, and I have never seen more beautiful food photography! This guy says part of his dream is to be a food designer, and you can tell, even though he also claims that his photography is amateur. Amazing recipes for back-to-basics, down-to-earth food from homemade ricotta to fried risotto, with a delicious emphasis on baking! He even sells scones, muffins, biscotti, and other pastries on his blog.

I just had to steal one of his photos to give you an idea of how gorgeous this food is, but you really have to see the site for yourself. It's as good as eating all those delectable goodies!

The second Jacob's Kitchen is right here in Charleston! (Serves me right for never going into I'on.) With their claim to sustainable, hormone-free meat, poultry, and fish, I have been remiss in omitting them from my Local Eating in Charleston series. The Post & Courier seems pretty impressed with them as well.

It's hard to choose off a menu of such fantastic choices of "New South Cooking," but the Kobe Beef Burger for $10 stands out, as does the pickled shrimp cocktail and the Split Creek Farm goat cheese, chive, and preserved lemon ravioli. Um, YUM! They serve lunch, dinner, and brunch; I know where I'm going to be this Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! =) (blush)

My photo
Charleston, SC, United States
As a food therapist and certified holistic practitioner, I help people develop a healthy relationship with food.